Skip to content

Announcements

Cancer Realities: Outliving Your Prognosis
Living withpartial pancreas and spleen
jimmy1one posted:
My wife is scheduled for partial Pancreas removal and complete Spleen removal. I'm a lot more afraid of the surgery than she is. My issue is the risk of infection and her quality of life after the surgery. I also have an issue with the lack of information she has been given prior to the operation. Could you guys enlighten me, Am I overly concerned or should the effects on her quality of life be an issue. Note she has a tumor on her Pancreas that has not been diagnosed as cancerous and her Spleen is completely healthy. The removal of her Spleen is cautionary.

georgiagail responded:
Many live without a spleen and do fine. Removal of part of the pancreas can cause health issues depending on which part is removed. For example, if the part that produces insulin is removed, your wife will now be diabetic.

Why hasn't the tumor on her pancreas been biopsied and what problems is it causing her?

Gail

Helpful Tips

esophogeal cancer
I was diagnosed with esophogeal cancer in March of 2010. I was told that the mortality rate for this type of cancer was low. I was sent to ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.