Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
second opinion and prognosis
Anuj12 posted:
My dad:

Present age: 68 years; Height: 175 cms; Present Weight: 68 Kgs; Weight at time of diagnosis: 66 kgs
In Feb 2011, there was complaint of pain and swelling in left auxiliary region (lymph node) with tenderness. Left auxiliary biopsy was done on 14 Feb 2011
Ø Biopsy revealed high grade Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma DLBCL CD 20+. Chemotherapy of CHOP regime was advised.
Ø 6 cycles of CHOP regime were done between 1 March 2011 and 8 July 2011. In between after 2 cycles, gall balder surgery had to be performed on emergency basis.
Ø On 24 July 2011, PET SCAN was done and the report was near normal/within limits, except for 3rd left rib showed mild FDG avid (SUV max 3.5) cystic sclerotic lesion (report enclosed)
Ø Palliative radiotherapy was done between 23 Aug 2011 (30 GY) 12 sittings.
Ø Every 2-3 months CBC, LFT, KFT were routinely done, all reports were normal.
Ø Whole body PET SCAN was done on 26 Sep 2012 (enclosed) which showed relapse and salvage chemotherapy with GMOX regime was planned.
Ø 6 cycles of GEMOX was done between 4 Oct 2012 and 21 Feb 2013. After 4 cycles PET CT SCAN was done to see progress/effect of chemo. It showed good partial response.
Ø After completion of 6 cycles, another PET CT SCAN was done on 5 April 2013 which showed FDG avid soft tissue deposit 2.7X0.9 cm in 5th intercostal region abutting the pleura.
Ø Radiotherapy was done between 10 April 2013 and 1 May 2013 to take care of the above problem.
Ø Advised to see consultant oncologist on 1st week of June 2013.
Ø CBC, KFT, LFT reports are normal
Present complaints:
Ø Peripheral neuropathy (hypersensitivity) due to chemo medicine
Ø Generalized weakness
Ø Anxiety
Ø Leg weakness
Ø Postural dizziness and unstable feeling in walking
Ø Using Isabgol to avoid constipation
Present medication:
Ø Vitamin supplements (Lupifit)
Ø Vertin 8 mg on SOS basis
Ø BetaCap TR 40 once a day
Ø BP and sugar within normal limits

georgiagail responded:
Dad should keep his appointment with the consultant oncologist.

Gail

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

esophogeal cancer
I was diagnosed with esophogeal cancer in March of 2010. I was told that the mortality rate for this type of cancer was low. I was sent to ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 8 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.