Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hard palate and Tongue Bleeding
JustenWC posted:
Hey everyone, so this is my first post on webmd but ill get straight to it.

I'll just let everyone know now, I did smoke for 2 and a half years from the age of 18 to 20. I'm turning 21 in exactly one month.
I did regularly smoke marijuana, but I wasn't too much of a drinker. No more then any regular college or university student.

About a week and a half ago, I experience swollen lymph nodes, my throat was sore and it felt like there was a lump in there, I also had diarrhea but I didn't go to see a doctor. I had a bit of chest pain as well, but im not exactly sure if it was my lungs, or something else. (possibly a stretched muscle, or pulled in someway.) I did get chest xrays done, and those were all good besides the doctor saying there was some scar tissue from a previous chest infection, but I never went to the doctors in my past for a chest infection.

So, I don't know if im freaking myself out but this weekend I was at a friends cottage for her birthday, we were drinking and smoking some marijuana. the last night at the cottage, I was a little more than intoxicated, drank quite a bit of different alcohols and I ended up vomiting early 4am after we'd all fallen asleep. I vomited twice, once with food and the second time seemed like it was bile (yellowish colour with a horrible texture to it) and now my hard palate is quite a bit sore, and my throat feels swollen as well. It does kind of look like there's little red lesions on the hard palate, but they're not raised in any way. I'll also mention it kinda looks and feel like my tongue is sore as well, and I actually had quite a bit of blood come from it after i pressed it against my hard palate. Now, im almost 21 years old and anyone I've asked advice from tells me that im to young to get cancer, i quit smoking and that I have nothing to worry about, But people get cancer all the time no matter what age they're at. Things happen, and thats why i'm freaking out. I'm going to the doctors tomorrow regardless of what people tell me and im gonna ask as many questions as possible and get as many tests done as possible. I feel like im a little anxious about these things and i might be over reacting, but when it comes to your body I don't think anybody could over react.

If you guys could give me your opinions i'd really appreciate it, Or even some expert advice because I just want to put my mind at ease.

I'll also let you know, Before I started smoking I was extremely fit, and extremely active. I had a resting heart rate of 51 bpm, could run 5 km in 25 minutes, and I took great care of my mouth and body. Just really freaking out.

georgiagail responded:
Your throat and tongue are sore/bleeding from the vomiting and not from cancer.

Gail

jacobedward02 responded:
Hi,
This Article will helpful for you.

http://www.doctorshealthpress.com/cancer-articles/good-dental-care-could-stave-off-this-killer-disease

Helpful Tips

Cancer
Have your friend learn as much as possible about his or her illness, nutrition, etc. The American Cancer Society and their cancer center ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.