Skip to content

Announcements

Cancer Realities: Outliving Your Prognosis
mother in law
heller1 posted:
my husband was just diagnosed with prostate cancer we met with a few surgeons I wanted to also meet with a radiologist my husband told his mother he was leaning to surgery when she found out he was meeting with radiologist she went ballistic asked me why I wanted to prolong this and did I want her son to be sick I told her I did not want him to be sick we have been together 23 years and have raised two special needs children without any help from her or anyone else and I feel I don't deserve such blame everyone is saying poor her because she lost a daughter to cancer and she has another daughter living with it what about poor us my husband feels caught in the middle she informed us shes coming for his surgery which will do nothing but add more stress what are your thoughts how should I handle this and still stand up for myself

georgiagail responded:
No offense but your husband needs to grow a pair and tell mom she can visit after he recuperates from his surgery. He can do this kindly by telling her thank you for the offer to come for his surgery but he would prefer that she wait until he is finished with this.

Gail

heller1 replied to georgiagail's response:
he wont do this he says he can understand her wanting to come and cant tell her not to come he does want to feel like he has to choose between his mother and me and he needs both our support

heller1 replied to heller1's response:
my sister in law spoke to her shes willing to calm it down she told her tha she would be hurting my husband more by causing stress

Helpful Tips

Recover from Cancer
After treatment effects are very painfull. So to recover from such side effects you should opt for Immunotherapy kind of treatment which ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.