Skip to content

Announcements

Cancer Realities: Outliving Your Prognosis
worried about my likelihood of getting cancer
An_241352 posted:
Let me just start by saying that I am sorry if this is not quite the appropriate place to put this. About 9 years ago, I was diagnosed with having a rare problem, cavernous hemangioma. Basically, a benign tumor. This can form anywhere, but for me, it formed within the space under my kneecap. It grew until it was the size of a lemon, when it started dislocating my kneecap. I have since had it surgically removed, but I worry that I will have this appear again, particularly since both my dad and grandmother (his mother) were later treated for the same condition. Also, I am wondering if this can be a precursor of other kinds of cancer- which do run in my family, an uncle on that same side has had cancer. This is a big worry for me, as it has caused me issues and was difficult to recover from the first time around. Thank you/.

georgiagail responded:
These are blood filled lesions; they are not cancerous as they do not contain material that can become cancerous down the road. Hence the term "benign". You have nothing to worry about regarding this.

Gail

Helpful Tips

esophogeal cancer
I was diagnosed with esophogeal cancer in March of 2010. I was told that the mortality rate for this type of cancer was low. I was sent to ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.