Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Bone X-Ray Showing Abnormal Results - Looking for any answers doctors and experts
    trystarr posted:
    My son had his cast removed today from a fracture he incurred earlier. When they did the xray to check the healing of the fracture, they also found what seems to be a lesion or growth in his bone on the xray. This is his right leg just above his ankle. The doctor said we needed to immediately get an MRI and bone scan. We are freaking out!! Could this be cancer? What is the likelihood that this could be cancer and if not, what could it be. I understand a definite answer can't be given but any guidance will be greatly appreciated between now and his MRI and bone scan. Thank you in advance.

    Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
    I'm sorry there is no doctor or expert here to read x-rays, or is there anyway to diagnose over the internet.
    How did the MRI go? I hope all is well and you check in.

    Helpful Tips

    i would like to know something my dr still has not calle and tell me after me pet scan
    have a nodgel mass that is 25mm and i would like to knwo if that could be lung cancer and i am only35 More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.