Skip to content

Announcements

Related Communities - Stroke Community | Alzheimer's Community
Alzheimer's Special Segment
unknown posted:
From today's WebMD's News Watch blog:

Currently, Alzheimer's affects over 5 million Americans, and that number is expected to grow to as many as 16 million by 2050.

We think information is one of the most important health tools you can have, and with that in mind I wanted to bring to your attention what I think will be a very important piece tonight on CBS Evening News, WebMD's partner-in-health.

Their senior medical correspondent, Dr. Jon LaPook, has for the last several months been preparing the most extensive segment he's ever been involved with since becoming a medical correspondent for the CBS Evening News with Katie Couric in 2006.

The network will devote six minutes (yes, that's six minutes, incredible for an evening news broadcast) of the 22-minute broadcast to present Dr. LaPook's look at the latest research in Alzheimer's in a segment called "CBS Reports: Where America Stands."

It will air on CBS this evening, January 12th, between 6:30 and 7 pm EST.

If you have concerns about Alzheimer's, or someone in your life is affected by it, I would urge you to tune in.

For more information, click here.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been here at WebMD since 2007, but I've been involved in social media and moderated communities online since 1994, so you know I just lov...More

Helpful Tips

Revised: New Features on Exchanges!
Dear Members, You may have noticed some changes that happened to your Exchange after last weekeend. We rolled out a few new features and ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.