Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Related Communities - Stroke Community | Alzheimer's Community
Poking my head in
Louise_WebMD_Staff posted:
Just poking my head in to say hello. Mama is down to a weight she hasn't been since I was a child. She of course is still a handful...but I have her getting up every day-at least to eat.

I made life much easier for me by using the pill boxes I used for when I would leave her at the hotel near my sister for the weekend all of the time. Once a week I fill them. I put the next day's meds on the counter before I go to bed-so if she manages to get up before me-she can take her morning meds. It also helps when I am hard at work when she gets out of bed. I don't need to jump up to grab her meds or feel guilty that I can't do it right that minute. I still need to get her any of her as needed meds but that is less of a big deal. She also feels a little more control I think.

Another thing that has helped is I got a different design of grab bar for the tub-she can get in and out more easily now because it isn't as big. She doesn't need to swing her leg over it. Bathing is still a production but most days she doesn't need as much assistance.

All three of her doctors we have seen since the new year have remarked on how well she is doing and what a good job I am doing with her.

On the down side-she seems to be increasingly inattentive when I say something and couldn't remember her doctor's name the other day. (The primary care doctor she has seen a lot)

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Thanks for the update, Louise!

People have asked about you and Mama. Please drop in any time you have a free moment,

Byroney

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been here at WebMD since 2007, but I've been involved in social media and moderated communities online since 1994, so you know I just lov...More

Helpful Tips

Natural Treatments for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Looking for some natural treatments for rheumatoid arthritis, or RA? Check out this article on natural therapies that are so popular ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 20 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.