Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Related Communities - Stroke Community | Alzheimer's Community
Hi, I am a new caregiver
nursingbug posted:
Just wanted to tell everyone my story. I am 30 and my dad is 65- going on 90. His health problems are way more severe than a normal person his age. I am a nurse, and while that is helpful, it can be frustrating because I know exactly what he could do to help himself improve, but he often won't listen to me, or just is not ready to change. I can understand that, but by not taking the advice of his doctors he has now really started to deteriorate, and is more dependant, on oxygen, cannot drive, etc. He is completely alert and oriented, and lives in his own home, my younger sister still lives with him (she cannot afford her own place, but if she did not live there, he would need more help). My focus now is when I need to step in and help, and when to back off.
thanks for listening!
Kelly

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 32 year old female whom has been a caregiver for my husband. He was in a toxic chemical accident at his work and now has cervical disc disease,...More

Helpful Tips

Natural Treatments for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Looking for some natural treatments for rheumatoid arthritis, or RA? Check out this article on natural therapies that are so popular ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 20 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.