Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Related Communities - Stroke Community | Alzheimer's Community
Hi, I am a new caregiver
nursingbug posted:
Just wanted to tell everyone my story. I am 30 and my dad is 65- going on 90. His health problems are way more severe than a normal person his age. I am a nurse, and while that is helpful, it can be frustrating because I know exactly what he could do to help himself improve, but he often won't listen to me, or just is not ready to change. I can understand that, but by not taking the advice of his doctors he has now really started to deteriorate, and is more dependant, on oxygen, cannot drive, etc. He is completely alert and oriented, and lives in his own home, my younger sister still lives with him (she cannot afford her own place, but if she did not live there, he would need more help). My focus now is when I need to step in and help, and when to back off.
thanks for listening!
Kelly

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been here at WebMD since 2007, but I've been involved in social media and moderated communities online since 1994, so you know I just lov...More

Helpful Tips

Revised: New Features on Exchanges!
Dear Members, You may have noticed some changes that happened to your Exchange after last weekeend. We rolled out a few new features and ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.