Skip to content

Announcements

Related Communities - Stroke Community | Alzheimer's Community
wish she could comeback.
dickyhoff posted:
Hi, my wife was diagnosed with altz. about 3 yrs ago.she is on arocept,namenda and effextor for the mood swings. As the primary caregiver it is a real chalenge to say the least. I have found that after 47 yrs of marriage, I consentrate on all our many,many blessings that we have shared together and they far out weigh the bad. I tell others that i'm just damn glad that i don't have to cook and feed all the people that she claims are here all the time. I'v found that she dwells on her paper work all the time (word find books from the dollar store). I buy the large print and also the easiest one's for her to work. It will occupy her most all afternoons. I'm open to all other tips on caregiving. She is a retired RN,that spent her last 18 yrs of work taking care of altz. patients in the nursing home. I understand her denial.

Andie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Welcome to the Caregiver Exchange. My heart goes out to you as I can hear how much you miss the interaction with your wife of so many loving years.

It is understandable how your wife would not easily cope with being diagnosed after helping so many patients in her years as an RN. Bless her heart!

I am sure more Members will chime in with any caregiving tips they can share soon. Until then please feel free to come back and keep us posted on how you and your wife are doing. We look forward to getting to know you and supporting your role as best we can.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a wife and mom. Our daughter just started Kindergarten, I am amazed how time has flown by. My caregiving story began about eight years ago when ...More

Helpful Tips

Revised: New Features on Exchanges!
Dear Members, You may have noticed some changes that happened to your Exchange after last weekeend. We rolled out a few new features and ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.