Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Related Communities - Stroke Community | Alzheimer's Community
    Questions About Depression
    Andie_WebMD_Staff posted:
    WebMD is putting together a segment on our site called Depression TV, which will be a talk radio-type format where a DJ provides a member question to an expert on Depression, and that expert or experts answer.

If you have questions about depression that you'd like to submit for consideration, please send them to exchangemanagement@webmd.net with the subject line "Depression TV", and be sure to include your WebMD member screen name. We will gather all of our member's questions and submit them to the Depression TV folks.

Below is a list of some of the topics for which we're looking for questions, but your question does not have to adhere to these topics. It can be unique.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Take care,

Andie and the WebMD Health Exchange Staff

1. Diagnosis. How do I recognize symptoms it? (anecdotal &/or clinical tests)
    2. Causes. Physical, disease- or injury-related causes.
    3. Heredity & Depression
    4. Lifestyle & depression (smoking, alcohol, drugs)
    5. Talking about depression (w/ friends or spouses)
    6. Talking cures
    7. Support systems
    8. Age & depression
    9. Gender differences
    10. Maintaining one's regime of meds
    11. Medical treatment (how pills work, only talk in scientific drug class, no brand names)
    12. Alternative treatments
    13. Myths about depression
    14. Obesity & depression
    15. History of depression
    16. Depression & other health risks
    17. Sleep & depression
    18. Importance of Exercise
    19. Children & depression
    20. Pregnancy & medication
    21. Postpartum, PTSD, seasonal &/or other "types" of depression
    22. Coping with medication side effects (weight gain, dry mouth)
    23. Prominence of depression in urban environments
    24. Do therapists get depressed?
    25. Depression, treatment and/or therapy in popular culture
    26. Bottoming out, suicide, prevalence of chronic depression
    27. Work-related issues - Unemployment
    28. Family issues - Recognizing depression in family members. How to approach?
    29. Relationship issues
    30. Sex & Depression

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm the caregiver for both my parents and my in-laws. It's a juggling act but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Helpful Tips

Natural Treatments for Rheumatoid Arthritis
    Looking for some natural treatments for rheumatoid arthritis, or RA? Check out this article on natural therapies that are so popular ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    12 of 20 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.