Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Related Communities - Stroke Community | Alzheimer's Community
a little different situation on a fact finding mission re risperdal, lithium and depakote
mimiheart posted:
mimiheart posted: Greetings,
My situation is a bit different. We are in the final stages of adopting my great-grandaughter who is now 21/2 (we have been with her since birth, but she became "ours" at age 5 months). Anyway.. her bio mom, my eldest grandaughter was taking risperdal, lithium and depakote during and throughout her first trimester and into her second before the grouphome would test her for pregnancy even tho we told home that she was pregnant so they continued to give her meds. Her beautiful baby girl was born and as it turns out has issues. PLEASE NOTE WE ARE ON A FACT FINDING MISSION ONLY! The baby has oral aproxia, lack of core muscles (read unable to sit up from prone to supine w/o help. sooo seeking answers to qualify her for O/T
Anybody????? Thanks for your Reply!

Andie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Mimiheart and welcome!

I'm so sorry to hear that your grandchild's health was neglected by the grouphome. I hope you put in writing when you notified them of the pregnancy and are able to pursue legal action.

Here is a resource from NACAC on medical adoption subsidy that lists articles and fact sheets for state and Canadian provinces. I hope you find some useful information in there to spur on your fact finding mission.

Please come back and share your experiences and discoveries with us. Good luck!!

~Andie

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a wife and mom. Our daughter just started Kindergarten, I am amazed how time has flown by. My caregiving story began about eight years ago when ...More

Helpful Tips

Questions to Ask About Nursing Homes
What should caregivers know about nursing home care? Long-term care for loved ones requires doing your homework. You will want to read this ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.