Skip to content

Announcements

Related Communities - Stroke Community | Alzheimer's Community
Care for a 90 year old woman
alonebychoice posted:
I care for a 90 year old lady. She has used a walker after a fall a couple of years ago. Otherwise she is more or less healthy.
Recently she has complained about having trouble catching her breath. I observe her but she does not seem to have any outward symtoms. She seems to be breathing fine, still she complains about it. I really don't know what to tell her other than to do some exercises.
Her doctor took chest X-rays and found nothing out of the ordinary.
Is there something I can do to help her with this?

Andie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Alonebychoice,

Unfortunately, without a little more information on what your friend's diagnosis has been it's hard to point you in the right direction.

It's obviously very important to make sure she does continue to get regular check ups, and to make sure she is telling the doctor ALL the symptoms she's experiencing for a better chance of pinning it down.

If you can give me a little more info, perhaps I can get you to a Community that may offer a little more help for that particular condition.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 32 year old female whom has been a caregiver for my husband. He was in a toxic chemical accident at his work and now has cervical disc disease,...More

Helpful Tips

Revised: New Features on Exchanges!
Dear Members, You may have noticed some changes that happened to your Exchange after last weekeend. We rolled out a few new features and ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.