Skip to content

Announcements

Related Communities - Stroke Community | Alzheimer's Community
stroke rehab
keperlou posted:
My hsband has had 3 strokes in the past year. He is doing very good except for being very weak. He is upset about it takig him so long to get back to normal. Any suggestions?

Andie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Keperlou,

Welcome to the Caregiver Community. I'm sorry to hear about your husband's multiple strokes he suffered. I can remember my Grandma taking care of my Grandpa after he had been through several major strokes and I know it can be a full time job depending on how badly he was affected.

It sounds like your husband is recovering well, but one can never get back to normal fast enough, can they?

There are some great articles in our Stroke Health Center that will give you some tips on stroke rehabilitation . You might also try checking in on our WebMD Stroke Community to see how others are dealing with recovery.

Keep us posted and come back for support here often!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 32 year old female whom has been a caregiver for my husband. He was in a toxic chemical accident at his work and now has cervical disc disease,...More

Helpful Tips

Questions to Ask About Nursing Homes
What should caregivers know about nursing home care? Long-term care for loved ones requires doing your homework. You will want to read this ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.