Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Related Communities - Stroke Community | Alzheimer's Community
    For Alzheimer's Caregivers - New Study
    Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff posted:
    Here is an interesting article about how vitamin B12 may reduce levels of an amnio acid which is linked to Alzheimer's.

Let me know your thoughts? Would you add sources of B12 to you or your loved ones diet?

Elizabeth

Allison12345 responded:
    Is there any follow up to this--I didn't see it in the news at all. Just wondering if we should all be consuming B12...I have the meat part covered already!!

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to Allison12345's response:
    Hi Allison,

I found the study, which will be completed in Spring 2012. Unfortunately, the info I found does not elaborate on findings so far, but I will keep looking.

Vitamin D status, Alzheimer's disease, cognition and the rate of brain atrophy study by University of Oxford

In addition, this slideshow, Improve Your Memory with Supplements, discusses adding an antioxidant to other B's and this WebMD article about other supplements to improve memory to delay/prevent Alzheimers may be interesting.

Hope this is helpful,
    Elizabeth

Allison12345 replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
    Thanks!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm the caregiver for both my parents and my in-laws. It's a juggling act but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Helpful Tips

Natural Treatments for Rheumatoid Arthritis
    Looking for some natural treatments for rheumatoid arthritis, or RA? Check out this article on natural therapies that are so popular ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    12 of 20 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.