Skip to content

Announcements

Related Communities - Stroke Community | Alzheimer's Community
For Alzheimer's Caregivers - New Study
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff posted:
Here is an interesting article about how vitamin B12 may reduce levels of an amnio acid which is linked to Alzheimer's.

Let me know your thoughts? Would you add sources of B12 to you or your loved ones diet?

Elizabeth

Allison12345 responded:
Is there any follow up to this--I didn't see it in the news at all. Just wondering if we should all be consuming B12...I have the meat part covered already!!

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to Allison12345's response:
Hi Allison,

I found the study, which will be completed in Spring 2012. Unfortunately, the info I found does not elaborate on findings so far, but I will keep looking.

Vitamin D status, Alzheimer's disease, cognition and the rate of brain atrophy study by University of Oxford

In addition, this slideshow, Improve Your Memory with Supplements, discusses adding an antioxidant to other B's and this WebMD article about other supplements to improve memory to delay/prevent Alzheimers may be interesting.

Hope this is helpful,
Elizabeth

Allison12345 replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thanks!

Spotlight: Member Stories

In 2006 my husband fell in the hallway hitting his head blowing his c-3 disc in his neck bruising his spinal cord becoming a quadriplegic.Since it wou...More

Helpful Tips

Questions to Ask About Nursing Homes
What should caregivers know about nursing home care? Long-term care for loved ones requires doing your homework. You will want to read this ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.