Skip to content

Announcements

Related Communities - Stroke Community | Alzheimer's Community
Dads strokes
SuzersN posted:
My dad just turned 70 he has had 3 strokes since November, each one takes a little more from him.

The question that I have is related to insurance my parents secondary insurance just cancelled them because he made a payment that was $100 short -apparently they recieved notification that the premiums had increased but due to the strokes my dad missed it. Is there anything that my parents can do to rectify this? Does anyone know of a similar situation?

Also, I have gone through most of the post that others have written, but unfortunately I havent found much on people regaining short term memory loss from strokes. Is it possible? I may just be looking for false hope...

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear SuzersN,

I am sorry your family is going through so much at this time.

For your insurance question, see our Health Insurance Navigator, Lisa Zambosky's blog . Re-post your concerns there for more response. You may also want to call your state insurance commissioner to check cancellation protocol.

Also, our "A Patient Voice" Community may be helpful for insurance questions.

See our Stroke Community for member and possible expert response for questions about your dad's recovery.

In the meantime, this article, Stroke Recovery and Rehab , from our Stroke Health Center may be helpful.

I hope you find answers soon,
Elizabeth

orangetwist responded:
You may try long term care insurance , there are some insurers who accept cases of stroke.

Spotlight: Member Stories

In 2006 my husband fell in the hallway hitting his head blowing his c-3 disc in his neck bruising his spinal cord becoming a quadriplegic.Since it wou...More

Helpful Tips

Natural Treatments for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Looking for some natural treatments for rheumatoid arthritis, or RA? Check out this article on natural therapies that are so popular ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 20 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.