Skip to content

Announcements

Related Communities - Stroke Community | Alzheimer's Community
can i receive payment for being a caregiver while receiving ssi?
An_188412 posted:
i've been receiving ssi for over 15 yrs for mental and physical reasons. my mother had a stroke almost 3 yrs ago that left her confined in bed. my brother lives with her so he's there with her at night but i'm there 10-12 hours a day EVERY day to take care of her. i live next door so, when i go home, all she has to do is call if she needs something.
i don't regret one minute of the time i spend with her. she's always been the best mother anyone has a right to expect!
i've heard that even though i'm on ssi that i could get paid for being her caregiver. can anyone tell me if this is true? if so, how do i get it started?

Anon_233834 responded:
Can you contact local SS or welfare office?You should receive some compensation as that is great care & although you love Mom.a strain on your already difficult condition & quality of life.Also,to hire help could be a huge cost.

wpooh27 replied to Anon_233834's response:
I was wondering about that myself because someone told me i could get paid to take care of my husband since he is legally blind.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 32 year old female whom has been a caregiver for my husband. He was in a toxic chemical accident at his work and now has cervical disc disease,...More

Helpful Tips

Natural Treatments for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Looking for some natural treatments for rheumatoid arthritis, or RA? Check out this article on natural therapies that are so popular ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 20 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.