Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Related Communities - Stroke Community | Alzheimer's Community
Stroke recovery
emerson2011 posted:
My husband suffered a stroke 3 weeks ago today, he is home and doing pretty good now but still needs some rehab to work his left side. My question is he complains about being dizzy and so tired and they told him in the hospital that they think it is caused from anxiety. He tells me he feels like he is going to die b/c he feels so bad. I was wondering if anyone knows how long the dizziness will last, they dr gave him a medicine for it but he says it doesnt help and that he really thinks there is something else wrong. Now mind you he has had many tests ran and they found nothing so I take it as he is just having a hard time dealing with all this and is worrying to much. I think it may be from the stroke itself and he needs to heal completely before this will go away. Is this normal or should we be concerned? I think his paranoia also comes from it took them 3 times at the ER before they finally diagnosed him right and he worries something else may be wrong. I spoke with a dr about it and she said his body went through alot of trauma and it just takes time. Any advice I can give him from anyone that has went through this or some helpful information about any of this. I would really appreciate it!!!

emerson2011 responded:
Oh, hes only 41 yrs old so and we have 2 young children and they also cause stress and Im worried about him dealing with to much at one time.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a wife and mom. Our daughter just started Kindergarten, I am amazed how time has flown by. My caregiving story began about eight years ago when ...More

Helpful Tips

Revised: New Features on Exchanges!
Dear Members, You may have noticed some changes that happened to your Exchange after last weekeend. We rolled out a few new features and ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.