Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Related Communities - Stroke Community | Alzheimer's Community
late-stage alzheimers & obesity
jdwwrd10 posted:
We've been caring for my MIL for about 4 months now in our home. Previously she'd been at a nursing facility but we chose to bring her home & enjoy some of her time with her more directly. It's been great but she's now slipping into the late stage of Alzheimers and is losing her ability to help us manage her hygiene. She's 270 lbs so rolling her in bed takes 2 people unless I can find some sort of medical equipment that would help us with this work. I have a lift but am uncertain how that might be helpful to us since we're not trying to lift her into a chair but rather roll her in bed for cleaning/bed baths, etc.

Does anyone know of equipment that might work? This is kind of an obesity issue as much as Alzheimers since she's only having this trouble thanks to the alzheimers and the eventual degradation of her muscle memory.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 32 year old female whom has been a caregiver for my husband. He was in a toxic chemical accident at his work and now has cervical disc disease,...More

Helpful Tips

Natural Treatments for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Looking for some natural treatments for rheumatoid arthritis, or RA? Check out this article on natural therapies that are so popular ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 20 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.