Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Related Communities - Stroke Community | Alzheimer's Community
Am I wrong?
measha111 posted:
My FIL has his voice box taken out due to Cancer. For 4 weeks I suctioned out his lungs from 6 or more times a day. It got to be less and less. Cleaning his Stoma tube, cleaning his room filling his Nebulizer and suction machine. Taking care of his insition and the redness on his chest. Then doing the house work and laundry and cooking for him to put on more weight. Took him to 95% of his Dr. apts (unless his daughter chose which apt she wanted) I did this 24/7 with some help from hubby after he worked. I did this without being asked to. Nor did his sister volunteer to take time to do it. We asked her to stay with her Dad 2 times she said NO. Once was for hubby and I to take supper for his Birthday, other was to visit his Aunt who is also ill with Cancer she replied " no never gonna happen ..never gonna happen" then left the next more to visit this Aunt that she has been fighting with for 20 yrs. Well he is doing fine on his own ( no we live with him) and I had made plans before we even knew he had this Cancer to go visit my family in another country ,after a lot of gripping his Daughter said she'd stay with him. But her and another relative think I should not go. but been 5 yrs since i saw my Grandkids or months since I saw my Daughter or Family.... Am I wrong for going before he starts Radiation when he is well. He goes out on his own ... just need to make sure he remembers his pills and showers . Clean his Stoma tube is for him is all. I am so exhausted from being the only caregiver since middle of April. I feel like I just want to lay down and cry all the time.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a wife and mom. Our daughter just started Kindergarten, I am amazed how time has flown by. My caregiving story began about eight years ago when ...More

Helpful Tips

Revised: New Features on Exchanges!
Dear Members, You may have noticed some changes that happened to your Exchange after last weekeend. We rolled out a few new features and ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.