Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Related Communities - Stroke Community | Alzheimer's Community
Parkinson's Disease and alone
An_252678 posted:
Hello, I hope that this message finds you well and healthy.
Does anyone have any advice, I am battling with a problem and I simply don't know what to do.

I am 57 years old. Dx in 2001 with PD.
I live in an assisted living residence.
although I suffer with mobility issues, need help dressing and with handling my pills, this seems easier to cope with than trying to keep my finances in order. Can't find/organize paper work. I am so easily confused and forgetful
I struggle with depression and severe anxiety when I attempt to deal with the paper work business of my life. This is a problem I have been dealing with for a long long time and It is getting worse. I simply cannot cope with writing out bills. It seems like I can no longer even add a list of numbers and get the same answer twice.
I plan to seek help and get some accountant agency to manage the bills for me. [there's only two or three bills that need to be set up on auto payment} I am so overwhelmed at the task of even trying to get the papers in order so that I can get a rational glimpse of my situation.
I notice that my ability to use the computer is becoming more and more frustration. I cannot remember passwords. I have a new computer here and I cannot understand enough to use the applications. If I try to call for tech support I cannot think straight because of the confusion and panic I feel

My anxiety is getting more unmanageable. Seems like even the thought of this challenge makes me cry and stresses me out even more.

I need help. My prayer is to find someone who could come and help me. but I am feeling like I have created such a mess, that , well I guess it will take someone with a lot of patience. and who coiuld I trust, a stranger I meet on the internet? well I guess,j
thanks for listening

numbers. I don't open my mail for weeks at a time.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been here at WebMD since 2007, but I've been involved in social media and moderated communities online since 1994, so you know I just lov...More

Helpful Tips

Questions to Ask About Nursing Homes
What should caregivers know about nursing home care? Long-term care for loved ones requires doing your homework. You will want to read this ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 21 found this helpful