Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Shrimp and Cholesterol - good or bad?
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
Thought this community might be interested in a discussion in the WebMD Food & Cooking Community:

http://forums.webmd.com/3/food-and-cooking-exchange/forum/1578

The expert weighs in - do you agree? Do you eat shrimp?

Haylen

bdyrcker responded:
Sure..and several pastured eggs a day, and a daily dose of coconut oil, and lots of beef or lamb (grassfed is ideal). No need to fear dietary cholesterol. The danger is sugar and excessive carbohydrate in the diet. Absolutely no wheat or grains in general either.

bdyrcker replied to bdyrcker's response:
(link doesn't work for me either - but I'm assuming the topic is the cholesterol in shrimp, based on the thread title)

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to bdyrcker's response:
OK - this is the 3rd time I've tried this link!!! Here we go again:

Shrimp and Cholesterol

Sir_Porangi responded:
The link is working now and it is a good article. I am now believing that the cholesterol eaten in food does not directly relate to elevated cholesterol in the body. If it was true that what we ate directly showed in our bodies then everyone who ate oxtail stew should grow oxtails and our politicians would be eating sheep brain every day.

bobby75703 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Yes Shrimp is high in cholesterol, but the Japanese love their shrimp, and they have low rates of heart disease.

I say enjoy the shrimp, but avoid the ones that are deep fried in batter.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to bobby75703's response:
Awwww Bobby, why did you have to say that! Deep fried in batter is the best way

Featuring Experts

There are no Expert stories for this community right now

Helpful Tips

statins
I stopped Crestor for 33 days. my lipids were: [br>TC 139 [br>HDL 35 [br>TRG 126 [br>LDL/HDL 2.3 [br>GLU 88 ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.