Skip to content
Here are my cholesterol numbers...
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
Do you know yours? Please share!

I just had my annual physical - that I haven't actually had annually! (Last one was in '07)

Total Cholesterol: 213
HDL 66
Trig 40
Direct LDL 127
Ratio 3.2

Numbers are much better than last time - I've lost about 10 lbs and started exercising more regularly. Feeling positive about the strides I'm making and committed to staying healthy...Feedback appreciated!

Haylen

bobby75703 responded:
Congrats Haylen on losing 10 lbs and feeling better. Obviously you are doing something right.

My numbers:
Total Cholesterol: 190
LDL: 116
HDL: 35 ( up from 18)
Trig: 215

I want my HDL as high as yours Haylen.

My life long high trigs suggest to me my body may not process refined carbohydrate very efficiently. It may just be my metabolic type.

I'm still experimenting with avoiding grains and refined carbohydrate, consuming eggs freely, all in an effort to reduce trigs and raise HDL.

My goal is to get trigs down to normal range under 150, and HDL in the 60's like yours.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to bobby75703's response:
I sounds like there is something going on with the HDL and the trigs - outside of diet and exercise. I found an article that says this :

You need some triglycerides for good health. But high triglycerides can raise your risk of heart disease and may be a sign of metabolic syndrome.

But I'm sure you've explored every option with your doctor. It's good to hear that you have a goal - I know you'll reach it if it's physically possible

Thanks for sharing!

H

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to bobby75703's response:
Also, how often do you get your blood work done?

bobby75703 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
I would agree with you there is something going on with HDL and trigs.

I haven't scheduled the next blood work yet. Years ago I had my lipid panel done often, and over the years I have always been low HDL and high trigs. That's just me.

This is why I was so blown away by the doubling of my HDL when eliminating wheat, grains, and increasing saturated fat and egg intake.

Featuring Experts

There are no Expert stories for this community right now

Helpful Tips

Lower Cholesterol by changing my chemical balance - eating habits
With a history of heart disease in my family (father), I was all to aware of the need to keep my numbers under control. A few years ago, I ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.