Skip to content
Statin or not? Reply to AN_243333
vic69 posted:
You do not include a CRP (C-Reactive Protein), a measure of inflammation which some cardiologist, would prescribe a stain independent of LDL, etc. I generlly agree with BillH99, he is very informed and I suspect has a medical background. To give you some background on myself, I almost believe that statins should be added to the water supply. This was not the case when they first appeared in the mid 80's, I was not a supporter. You however do not fit the typical patient,poor diet, sedentary, hypertensive, etc. Diet changes and a s recommended Sitosterol, Stanosterol in adequate doses, may be a possibility. However, unless you are a naturalist, have a CI, or SE to statins, I don't understand your concerns.
I am not certain if you have the buoyant(sp?) pattern.
Lifestyle maybe a big factor in your family history, but you are right to be concerned about your levels.

i,

Featuring Experts

There are no Expert stories for this community right now

Helpful Tips

Lower Cholesterol by changing my chemical balance - eating habits
With a history of heart disease in my family (father), I was all to aware of the need to keep my numbers under control. A few years ago, I ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.