Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
The Truth About Statins
bobby75703 posted:
In light of the recent media reports of new warnings with statin drugs, Its interesting a Physician has written a new book about statins drugs, addressing safety issues with statins. The book is due for release in April 2012.

Dr. Barbara Roberts, Director of a cardiac clinic at Miriam Hospital has written the soon to be released book titled THE TRUTH ABOUT STATINS.

I am privileged to have crossed paths with Dr. Roberts on the net, and had several conversations with her, which is how I came to know about her work on this subject matter.

I have not read the manuscript, but I have seen the cover. This is gonna be interesting. My curiosity is high.

Bobby

serfixalot responded:
For those people who have trouble with the statin side affects. I have switched to a drug called Welchol 625 MG Tablets. I have been takeing them for a couple a months now and have found that the only side affect is constipation so I eat a lot of fruit or take a glass of metamucil with water if needed. It works through the digestive system instead of the circulatory system and has dropped my LDL 35 points in the last two months. I was happy to find somthing that works without mutch trouble.

serfixalot

Featuring Experts

There are no Expert stories for this community right now

Helpful Tips

Excercise
Tried many forms of excercise and running seems to be the best for me for lowering cholesterol. More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.