Skip to content
Lovaza use
An_244236 posted:
My doctor just started me on lovaza, 4 pills a day. i hear some people only take 1 or 2 pills...how many pills do most people take each day?? also do most people end up taking these pills forever?

bobby75703 responded:
While I don't take Lavaza, I do take 3 pills of Salmon oil per day. Each pill is 1000 mg.

bobby75703 responded:
Lovaza is for lowering very high triglycerides. Fish oil does that very well, which is why I take it myself. How long you continue to take it is your choice. Lovaza has "not been shown to prevent heart attacks or strokes" according to the official Lovaza website.

An_244236 replied to bobby75703's response:
yea...i just want to know if i should take all 4 tabs of this or just sometimes. what have others done?

bobby75703 replied to An_244236's response:
That is completely up to you.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to An_244236's response:
Please check with your doctor regarding the appropriate dose based on your health needs.

You can learn more about medication and read user reviews here: WebMD Drugs & Medications A - Z There are 222 reviews for Lovaza Oral - you might find useful feedback there!

Haylen.

Featuring Experts

There are no Expert stories for this community right now

Helpful Tips

"Sushi" Salad recipe
This salad is good for cholesterol and for losing weight. Read the ingredients, and you'll see what I mean! It's low carb, and fiber, ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.