Skip to content
My Review - The Truth About Statins
bobby75703 posted:
I just finished reading the new book titled THE TRUTH ABOUT STATINS, Risks and Alternatives to Statin Drugs, by Cardiologist Barbara Roberts.

She shares her experience as a Cardiologist and talks about the side effects she has witnessed in her patients. The most heart grabbing part of the book for me was the patient testimonials. They make the book.

Dr. Roberts doesn't hold back. Chapter 7 is titled "Big Pharma, the FDA, and the Medical profession: An Unholy, Very Lucrative Alliance. Dr. Roberts reveals the conflicts of interest that plague the statin drug industry.

She also gives readers a back stage look at how drug companies exaggerate the benefits, and downplay the risks. She examines several key studies and shakes out the REAL risk reduction of only 1 or 2 %.

On a scale of 1 to 5 stars, I give the book 4.8 stars. The only thing I would have wanted to see would be diagrams showing the difference between Relative Risk and Absolute Risk, expressed as NNT scores.

This book is a wake up call.

Bobby

bobby75703 responded:
Today, 4-24-2012 is the day of the official release date of THE TRUTH ABOUT STATINS.

Featuring Experts

There are no Expert stories for this community right now

Helpful Tips

succes story
10weeks Gemfibrozil/Simvastatin Trigs 709-97 Hdl 33-46 Ldl 161-86 total cholesterol 304-151 thanks veterans clinic youngstown More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 16 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.