Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
statins vs good quality of life.
catspajamas posted:
12 years ago I was put on zocor. I developed severe diarrhea, ulcerated my colon. severe muscle weakness, urninary incontinence, droopy eyelid, weak legs, slept all the time, severe fatigue,developed lupus symptoms, developed periferal neurapathy. Very painful feet/ankles. Had 2 trips to Mayos. Went through their gamit of digestive and nerve tests. All negative. Results? all my problems was a adverse reaction to statins. I can't take any of them. Statins ruined my life. And what makes me mad is the dr's don't believe what they can do and keep pushing them. I am doing very well without them. Diet, exercise and some Niacin over the counter . So it can be done without statins. Our body needs cholesteral to work right, esp the brain. Very scary scenario for a lot of people.

bobby75703 responded:
Cholesterol serves many positive roles in good health. One being it helps form the bile acids we use for digestion.

Our bodies are dependent upon cholesterol to maintain a healthy nervous system, strong muscles, good cognition, and production of steroid hormones.

Blocking the liver's ability to produce life giving LDL cholesterol also blocks other valuable products such as CoQ10 which is needed to give cells energy.

There are other downstream products which also get blocked in the process.

The results? Exactly what you described.

I agree with you 100% its a very scary scenario. One that quietly does its damage on the inside. When one considers the millions of people taking these drugs, its frightening to think what the true damage assessment really is.

Featuring Experts

There are no Expert stories for this community right now

Helpful Tips

Reduce you cholesterol
You can reduce your cholesterol without paying for the expensive drugs while you still enjoy the food you like. Here we provide the 5 days ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.