Skip to content
high cholesterol & cholecystectomy
elena121959 posted:
Can high cholesterol be a common thing for anyone who's had a cholecystectomy? Prior to mine, my cholesterol was never a problem; as was my weight. Before I agree to go on any prescription drugs for it, I plan on losing the weight & changing my eating habits.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi elena and welcome!

How long ago was your cholecystectomy ? It doesn't appear that high cholesterol or weigh gain is a symptom of this procedure but you might want to ask your question in the WebMD Digestive Disorders Community .

Visit the Cholesterol Management Health Center for great diet and exercise information to get your cholesterol numbers down. In most cases, lifestyle changes can reduce your cholesterol without medication.

Be sure to check in with your doctor before staring any new food plan or exercise routine -

Haylen

Featuring Experts

There are no Expert stories for this community right now

Helpful Tips

succes story
10weeks Gemfibrozil/Simvastatin Trigs 709-97 Hdl 33-46 Ldl 161-86 total cholesterol 304-151 thanks veterans clinic youngstown More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 16 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.