Skip to content
shocking cholesterol numbers
An_246701 posted:
When I turned 60 I went for long overdue check up. Nine years overdue to be exact. I thougght I was fine ~ practice yoga everyday ~ eat organic etc. Imagine my surprise when my cholesterol came in at a whopping 444~ Trig 257 ~ HDL 67 LDL 319. I had no idea.. I felt fine.

Less than 2months on 20mg of Lipitor walking and biking couple of miles a day ~ eating no meat , cheese, or eggs my cholesterol is

146 Trig 112 HDL 68 LDL 56

No problems with the Lipitor whatsoever . I feel very lucky and motivated ~ It can be done!

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Congratulations on your new lifestyle! I'm sure you look and feel fantastic.

Many men are unaware that easy screening tests and changes to lifestyle can improve their quality of life and avoid future health problems.

I'm glad you made that doctor's appointment, even if it was 9 years late

Haylen

p.s. Visit the WebMD Cholesterol Management Health Center for more tips on lifestyle changes.

Featuring Experts

There are no Expert stories for this community right now

Helpful Tips

Lower cholesterol without drugs
I also had cholesterol numbers that kept inching higher. At 237 my dr. suggested meds. I don't want to go that route so took a good look at ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.