Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
LDL up after 2 months on Statin (Crstr)
An_247281 posted:
Hello, Anybody experience LDL going up after being on Crestor? I am 41, had a stent placed in my LAD at age 34. No family history, cholesterol total under 159. HDL 52 LDL 95 Tri 58. Wt 176, waist 34. Run 20+ miles a week. Eat flax every morning. Fish once a week. very little red meat. don't smoke. a beer a night maybe. A lot of info on a public site. Please don't hunt me down!

billh99 responded:
A lot of info on a public site. Please don't hunt me down!

Don't worry. Those are just a bunch of numbers and it would be near impossible to use those for tracking anyone.

159. HDL 52 LDL 95 Tri 58.

Are these on the numbers on Crestor?
What was it before? Where you are on a different statin?
Has your diet changed or activity level changed in the last 2 months.

Do you know what your numbers where pre stent?

On the surface your lipid profile does not look too bad. LDL should be under 100. But if you are at very high risk then below 70. And your non-HDL is 107 is good. And some doctors think that is the most important number.

But unless you eat a very constant (from week to week) diet and exercise, sleep, etc the numbers will very from time to time.

Since I have been on .40 mg simisvastain for the last 3 years my LDL has varied from 55 to 79. Now the 79 was just after I had shoulder surgery and that one would probably be ignored. But the next highest one was 74.

So I would wait for at least another reading before thinking about a change.

Also you might want to talk to your doctor about getting one of the advanced lipid test such as NMR or VAP. Those show the sub-fraction of the lipids and the size/particle counts.

opgera responded:
my case is similar to you I got 2nos stent in age of 35 year ,my ldl was 300 ... hdl 42 ....i was using atorvastin 20mg to 40 mg .... now im using 20 mg resuvastin and i am doing yoga regular... for 1 hours daily .... now my ldl near 100 and i am fit

Featuring Experts

There are no Expert stories for this community right now

Helpful Tips

statins
I stopped Crestor for 33 days. my lipids were: [br>TC 139 [br>HDL 35 [br>TRG 126 [br>LDL/HDL 2.3 [br>GLU 88 ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.