Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Cholesterol result.
Reden posted:
My total cholesterol is 225, LDL = 136 and HDL =80. should I be concerned. I exercise by commuting to work on bicycle 50 miles
a day 5 days/week.

billh99 responded:
Maybe, maybe not.

The LDL is slightly above desirable, but with the high HDL your non LDL is 145 which is not bad.

And your TOT Ch/HDL ratio is good.

Do you have any other risk factors? Family history of early heart/stroke disease? Do you have high BP? Do you have any inflammatory diesease?

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Reden -

Fifty miles a day on a bike is pretty amazing! I encourage you to discuss your cholesterol numbers with your doctor to make sure you are doing everything possible for heart health. It will also alleviate any concern you have.

As always, BillH has good information! Additionally, click the link below for basic guidelines that can help you evaluate your results: Understanding Cholesterol Numbers

Haylen

Featuring Experts

There are no Expert stories for this community right now

Helpful Tips

Vit D reduces muscle pain from Statin
While the data is still mixed there is an indication that many people who get Myalgia (muscle pain) while on a statin suffer from low ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.