Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Have You Tried the DASH Diet?
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
The DASH Diet can help lower your blood pressure and cholesterol levels, which is good for your heart. DASH stands for Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension (high blood pressure) but you don't need to have high blood pressure to get the benefits of this healthier way of eating.

Click the link here to learn more: Slideshow: DASH Diet for Heart Health.

Let us know if you're on the DASH diet and how you feel! Did it have a positive impact on your cholesterol numbers?

Haylen

sahasrangshu responded:
Hi,

DASH diet is definitely the right diet to help control hypertension as well as this diet may subserve a purpose to prevent typertension and people with high cholesterol..Ideally it should be ascribed the term Meditarranean diet where we consume a lot of fish and fruits and green leafy vegetables and cut down the rate of consumption af saturated fats and salt.It definitely had an impact on my cholesterol numbers and indirectly control my chances of getting obese,hypertensive and diabetic.

Featuring Experts

There are no Expert stories for this community right now

Helpful Tips

Lower Cholesterol by changing my chemical balance - eating habits
With a history of heart disease in my family (father), I was all to aware of the need to keep my numbers under control. A few years ago, I ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 32 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.