Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Nix the statins. Just say NO, No and No....
leocatzmeow posted:
My experience with statins was a nightmare of pain. I tried every single brand and dosage for over a year and every single one of them gave me severe body aches, memory loss and fatigue. After much research the facts are that statins harm you and just add more problems to your list of health issues. I even tried red rice yeast with the same side effects. My suggestions are EPA in high doses. Vitamin D and C. Research it to learn more. Mayo clinic is great for their knowledge base. Also, if you can tolerate it, magnesium helps body aches. Flax seed (ground or liquid) is also touted as helping people with high cholesterol. There is a wealth of information on the net for those who need to find other ways to lower cholesterol. Good luck to you all and I hope my information helps. Blessings

Take the Poll

What have you found that helps to lower your cholesterol?
  • Natural
  • drugs
  • foods
  • homeopathic
  • other
vote
View Poll Results

suki65 responded:
Statins make your life hell never been so poorly because of them .
Not enough with a diet mine is genetic 1/10000 get it great
policosanol with coq10 i am trying which is a herbal tablet from iherb .
Also there is StatiQinon which is supposed to be good ,but i have not tried both these have no side effects ,STAY CLEAR OF STATINS

iride6606 replied to suki65's response:
No, statins make your life miserable, they have not bothered me. It all depends on your perspective.

bobby75703 replied to iride6606's response:
One thing is for sure, patient's perspective change real fast when they are injured by them.

suki65 replied to iride6606's response:
how long have you been taking them ,be careful if you start going to the doctors for one thing after another .
good luck if they work for you

Featuring Experts

There are no Expert stories for this community right now

Helpful Tips

Cholesterol
If i am trying to lower my cholesterol should i be looking at the fat or cholesterol in food? More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.