Skip to content
    cholesterol stones
    kaidengranny posted:
    hi my name is regina
    not sure where to go with this. i've had pains in right side that radiate to back. recently was in er where they did all sorts of test and said its cholesterol stones in gallbladder. does that mean my cholesterol is high? all he said was here are some pain meds along with reglan and antibotics.
    just concerned.
    Anon_320 responded:
    I've never heard of giving antibiotics for gallstones, but I'm not a doctor.

    You need to see your family doctor to find out more about what's going on. I don't think anything the ER doctor gave you is going to get rid of your gallstones, so you're probably going to keep having trouble. You can ask the doctor to check your cholesterol and find out what to do if it is high.

    Good luck.
    iride6606 responded:
    It is common for a doctor to prescribe an antibiotic in you have developed an infection in your gallbladder,liver or pancreas along with the ducts that keep them all together as a result of the stones.

    For instance, before I had my gallbladder removed I had a stone caught in a bile duct and had to be on an antibiotic so yet it does happen.

    I hope you get feeling better, that was one of the most miserable times of my life!

    Featuring Experts

    There are no Expert stories for this community right now

    Helpful Tips

    The anti-inflammatory effects of statins
    Nicely worded; The anti-inflammatory action of statins is recognized as one of the most effective treatments for atherosclerosis and ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 2 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.