Skip to content
cholesterol stones
kaidengranny posted:
hi my name is regina
not sure where to go with this. i've had pains in right side that radiate to back. recently was in er where they did all sorts of test and said its cholesterol stones in gallbladder. does that mean my cholesterol is high? all he said was here are some pain meds along with reglan and antibotics.
just concerned.

Anon_320 responded:
I've never heard of giving antibiotics for gallstones, but I'm not a doctor.

You need to see your family doctor to find out more about what's going on. I don't think anything the ER doctor gave you is going to get rid of your gallstones, so you're probably going to keep having trouble. You can ask the doctor to check your cholesterol and find out what to do if it is high.

Good luck.

iride6606 responded:
It is common for a doctor to prescribe an antibiotic in you have developed an infection in your gallbladder,liver or pancreas along with the ducts that keep them all together as a result of the stones.

For instance, before I had my gallbladder removed I had a stone caught in a bile duct and had to be on an antibiotic so yet it does happen.

I hope you get feeling better, that was one of the most miserable times of my life!

Featuring Experts

There are no Expert stories for this community right now

Helpful Tips

LOWERING CHOLESTEROL NATURALLY
I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET MY CHOLESTEROL DOWN WITHOUT STATINS AND FINALLY I AM GETTING SOMEWHERE. I STARTED TAKING PANTETHINE 300 MG. TWICE ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 19 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.