Skip to content
"bad" cholesterol
tomjar posted:
If there is such a thing as "bad" cholesterol, which seems unlikely since evolution is about survival, should not the optimum level be zero?

bobby75703 responded:
Zero 'bad' cholesterol would mean death for mammals.

Cholesterol is a very important bio chemical needed for survival. This is why the body manufactures cholesterol in the first place.

LDL carries cholesterol to the tissues. Without this function there would be a health crisis, eventually death.
The nervous sysstem would deteriorate, steroid hormones would be depleted, muscle cells would deteriorate.

Despite all the marketing and consumer demand to lower cholesterol, every one of us depends on 'bad' cholesterol for survival.

smshashi responded:
Great that you have asked such a critical and common sense question. I do not think the mainstream medical community has the answer for such common sense questions.

Read this and your doubts should go away.

http://www.viitals.com/blog/article/ldl-cholesterol-is-bad-or-is-it-really

Featuring Experts

There are no Expert stories for this community right now

Helpful Tips

LOWERING CHOLESTEROL NATURALLY
I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET MY CHOLESTEROL DOWN WITHOUT STATINS AND FINALLY I AM GETTING SOMEWHERE. I STARTED TAKING PANTETHINE 300 MG. TWICE ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.