Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TOO LOW CHOLESTEROL????
SBP9876 posted:
Good Morning!
New to the board, but have a question! Hope someone can help me. Is having too low cholesterol not very good. I just received my blood results back and my total Cholesterol was 122. My HDL was 60, TRI-64, LDL WAS 49, AND CHOL TO HDLC RATIO WAS 2.0. I just want to know if I have to worry about this. Feed back would be nice.

billh99 responded:
Those numbers are what research has shown that the expected "natural" levels are similar to yours. These are based on people that still live a hunter gather life style, young children, and other mammals.

Mine is very similar, but I am on a statin (along with diet & exercise).

Even lower cholesterol seems to not be a problem unless it is caused by a disease.

bobby75703 responded:
There is such a thing as too low cholesterol. A case that comes to mind is a baby who was hospitalized because its body was failing to make enough cholesterol.

Low cholesterol or hypolipidemia is characterized as total cholesterol below 120, and LDL below 50.

Featuring Experts

There are no Expert stories for this community right now

Helpful Tips

Lower cholesterol without drugs
I also had cholesterol numbers that kept inching higher. At 237 my dr. suggested meds. I don't want to go that route so took a good look at ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 18 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!