Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

Latest Results
iride6606 posted:
I just got my lipid panel back today, had it done a couple months early as part of some other tests I had done. The results were interesting.

First, I'm within a couple of points of having my LDL and HDL equalize at 55, I like that. TC is now down to 140 as well. Also, over the past 5 years my liver function has improved every year and my current numbers are in the "optimal" range for liver function. Same with kidney function. All items on my CBC are in the normal or optimal range.

These statins are killing me:)
bobby75703 responded:
Iride, Have you ever looked at your arteries? Ultrasound or otherwise. I would think that would be the ultimate since vascular disease can happen at any cholesterol number.
iride6606 replied to bobby75703's response:
Yup, had a CT a few years ago, clean and wide open. Calcium score was zero, even though I don't put much faith in those. I've also had a thallium stress test a couple years back, no issues. Ultrasound of the neck showed no issues either.

All good here................
bobby75703 replied to iride6606's response:
Thats great!

I had ultrasound and no issues. Clean and clear including my heart valves.

I was pleasantly surprised since I am in my mid 50's and my Dad was clogging up at this stage in life. That combined with my low HDL of 18 and high triglycerides in the 240 - 1,000 range, I was expecting some problems to show up. But no, all clear. So I was a happy camper.

Featuring Experts

There are no Expert stories for this community right now

Helpful Tips

Wider use of statins could save thousands of lives
As we all knew would be the case; "Extrapolating our results to the approximately 10 million U.S. adults who would be newly eligible ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.