Skip to content
Statins
Elizabeth804 posted:
While Statins are impressive for some, they have really devastated my body. I have peripherial Neuropathy, and the statins have so disintegrated my muscles that I could hardly walk. My choice was in 2010 to listen to the Cardiologist. WRONG!! I have been taken off statins and trying to find out what will work for my High Bad Cholesterol - part of it is genetic. So, if I am to have a shot at reducing my weight by at least 30 lbs., I have to be able to move. And the constant pain makes it difficult. But I am going for it - would rather have a "life" than be in a chair!!

I am trying to figure out what it is that I can eat that is simple to make and digest. Any suggestions are appreciated - I believe you should be aware, I am not interested in any large amount of cooking. Thanks

SSrini responded:
I live in India and am 50 years of age. I am NOT a medico. My blood test on 30th June 2013 showed total cholesterol 288 (ideal range 125-225) and LDL colesterol 184 (ideal range 85-150). My doc prescibed me Statin, but since I already had neuropathy at age 10 and retinopathy currently, I wasnt too keen on taking Statin especially after reading about its potential side effects over the net. I prepared a decoction by boiling commonly found herbal leaves in a specific proportion and had one glass of this every morning for 3 weeks. I started this self-treatment on 6th June 2013 n contd till 26th June, 2013. I have a sedentary lifestyle and sit at my PC for 14 hrs. I did not change this habit. Neither did I restrict my diet apart from cutting down on deep-fried food, potato and butter. I contd to have my normal meals. Btw, I am a vegetarian. The blood test report after the 21-day period shows: Total cholesterol 139 (down from 288 = 52%), LDL cholesterol 53 (down from 184 = 71%). My VLDL & triglecride levels dropped by 28% each and blood sugar by 16%. And as it was a simple decoction of fresh leaves, there was absolutely no side effect too. I also shed 3kgs and a couple of inches off my waist. It is too good to be true. Next month I will be doing another self-treatment specifically for reducing triglycerides and will try to keep the forum updated.

SSrini responded:
My blood test report of 30th May showed total cholesterol 288 (normal range 125-225), LDL cholesterol 184 (normal range 85-150). I did not take any Statins as I had neuropathy at age 10 and retinopathy now at age 50. By taking a glass of decoction of fresh herbal leaves every morning for 3 weeks, I was able to reduce my bad cholesterol levels drastically. I am a vegetarian and contd my normal diet except for cutting down on deep-fried foods, butter nd potato. My blood test report after the 3 week period showed: Total cholesterol 139 (down from 288 = 52% drop), LDL cholesterol 53 (down from 184 = 71% drop). My VLDL and triglycerides dropped by 28% each and blood sugar by 16%. It was simply amazing. Next mth I plan to treat myself specifically for lowering triglycerides and will keep the forum updated on the results.

StayFit1 replied to SSrini's response:
What plants did you use the leaves of. What quantities? I have similar numbers and have had adverse side effects using statins so I stopped. I would love to find a healthy way of maintaining healthy cholesterol levels.

Featuring Experts

There are no Expert stories for this community right now

Helpful Tips

Reduce you cholesterol
You can reduce your cholesterol without paying for the expensive drugs while you still enjoy the food you like. Here we provide the 5 days ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.