Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
High CPK when taking statins or eliminating them.
Sunila_LAK posted:
I have high CPK in the range of 260 to 480 for the last 18 months. I am also on statins 10 MG for controlling lipids. The Doc is not able to comprehend why the CPK is high. He has taken me off statins but the CPK does not go down. It just fluctuates.
The Doc I am now seing says that the patients he has treated so far in 15 years are able to control CPK with omitting statins from the medication. In my case it does not work. I have Lab reports for the past 18 months, as well as the medication.

I do not have any muscle weakness. I am very active physically and doing my walks, exercising, I wonder if any one can enlighten me. I would really appreciate.

Bewildered
Sunila

Take the Poll

How do I control high CPK so its reading is normal?
  • any way I can control high CPK
  • Any medication or suggestion of any kind
vote
View Poll Results

billh99 responded:
There is a test that will determine if the CPK is from the heart, body muscle, or brain.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003504.htm

Featuring Experts

There are no Expert stories for this community right now

Helpful Tips

try the q
I've been taking CoQ10 200mg every night since being on statins.It helps me with muscle aches caused by the statins without any side ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.