Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Statins being called the "Hoy Grail for Cancer" and other non-cardiac drugs
iride6606 posted:
Really great article, take a look.

In conclusion, statins are being looked at as the Holy Grail for multiple non-cardiac indications including cancer. The results of this large nationwide observational study are encouraging and show that statin use is associated with reduced cancer mortality across different subgroups and cancer sites.

How exciting is that????????

http://www.atmjournal.org/article/view/1330/1822
FirstPrevious12NextLast

bobby75703 responded:
I've got some real estate I'd like to sell you. Special deal just for you.

iride6606 replied to bobby75703's response:
Great, tell me where their theory is wrong. Tell me what is know that shows this to be like a bad real estate transaction.

So you got nothing, got it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y

1:40 mark...........................

iride6606 responded:
Again, this seems to be related to the ability of statins to promote certain cell regeneration, really intersting.

bobby75703 replied to iride6606's response:
I do have something. Functioning brain cells left. Statins promote cell degeneration.

Funny video.

Here you go, maybe we can get you a few more;

Statins improve recovery from traumatic brain injury and show promise in preventing Alzheimer disease. However, the mechanisms by which statins may be therapeutic for neurological conditions are not fully understood. In this study, we present the initial evidence that oral administration of simvastatin in mice enhances Wnt signaling in vivo. Concomitantly, simvastatin enhances neurogenesis in cultured adult neural progenitor cells as well as in the dentate gyrus of adult mice. Finally, we find that statins enhance Wnt signaling through regulation of isoprenoid synthesis and not through cholesterol. These findings provide direct evidence that Wnt signaling is enhanced in vivo by simvastatin and that this elevation of Wnt signaling is required for the neurogenic effects of simvastatin. Collectively, these data add to the growing body of evidence that statins may have therapeutic value for treating certain neurological disorders.

http://www.cell.com/stem-cell-reports/abstract/S2213-6711(13)00127-6

The research on this topic is literally going through te roof.

Iride, you are never going to convince me that inhibiting normal healthy metabolic processes enhances cell performance.

Nature put these processes in place because they are needed to maintain healthy cell function. Statins interrupt this function.

Using statins to choke off this pathway which is critical to cell function and life itself, will never promote cell regeneration, prevent cancer, or any other of the wild claims made.

Statins can however induce severe muscle pain and weakness, cognitive decline, and joint pain as this important lifeline is choked off.

I'm trying to convince any on of anything, just presenting the facts.

iride6606 replied to iride6606's response:
Wow, let's try that again. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything, just presenting the facts.

(bumpy flight)

Its what you perceive as facts. In sales, perception is everything.

I will say it again: In sales, perception is everything.

Featuring Experts

There are no Expert stories for this community right now

Helpful Tips

Vit D reduces muscle pain from Statin
While the data is still mixed there is an indication that many people who get Myalgia (muscle pain) while on a statin suffer from low ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.