Skip to content
19 Low LDL. No help
sarahleethomas posted:
I have always had lSUPER low LDL cholesterol and never watch what I eat. Every year, it seems to go a little lower. Two year ago doctors said I had steatosis. They did biopsy because mother died of liver cancer but said everything was fine. Liver enlarges then goes down..Every time I see the doctors, each year, I get blood work. Every year they say it is fine. I ask them about my low cholesterol level and they act like its wonderful. My levels are: in 2009 LDL 25, HDL 62 VLDL 7 Triglis 33, total 94 In 2010 LDL 23, HDL 55, Trigl 38, VLDL 7, total 86. 2011 LDL 18, HDL 58, Trigl 37 VLDL 7 total 84, 2012 LDL 23, HDL 65 trig 34, VLDL 7 total 95. 2013 LDL 19 HDL 56 ... I have liver problems on & off and have started having a few other minor things (pain, numbness) going on. Help. I've changed dr also. Same thing!

sarahleethomas responded:
I forgot to mention, I do not take any type of meds so that's not it

cjh1203 responded:
Normally, there are no medical professionals who respond on this board. I'm afraid I don't have any idea what the problem is, but I did find this article (which seems to have been written for people in the medical field). Please don't get alarmed by anything the article says; it may not apply to you at all. It's worth asking your doctors about, though.

Hope you can find out something that will helpful.

bobby75703 responded:
Sarah, I have often wondered what would happen to individuals in your situation if Mevalonic acid was used to try to enhance cholesterol production.

Essentially it would be the reverse of what statins do. Enhancing the mevalonate pathway rather than inhibiting it.

I have no idea if this has ever been tried for people who don't produce enough cholesterol.

I wish you the best.

Featuring Experts

There are no Expert stories for this community right now

Helpful Tips

Reduce you cholesterol
You can reduce your cholesterol without paying for the expensive drugs while you still enjoy the food you like. Here we provide the 5 days ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.