Skip to content
Valverde Artischocke
tiffanyb630 posted:
I would like to take herbal remedies to lower my cholesterol. I've read that certain artichoke leaf extract - Valverde Artischocke, which is manufactured by Novartis Consumer Health GmbH. However, I could not find this product anywhere, not even on Amazon. I am wondering if anyone heard of or know where I can purchase this product. What is the best artichoke leaf extract currently available in the U.S for lowering cholesterol level?

Thanks a bundle!

djomal responded:
Tiffany;
Do not believe that cholesterol is bad; there is no such thing as bad cholesterol. The body manufacturers it because it needs it in every cell of the body, and about 40% of it is in our brains. Cholesterol is the inflammation-ending result of the immune reaction to infection, covering the wounds, after the immune system kills the invaders. Atherosclerosis is the result of the wounds to the artery walls, and cholesterol does not cause it. Irritations to the walls cause the wounds. These irritants are made by the body, naturally. Insulin is one irritant, which accompanies glucose, and opens the muscle cell receptors to allow the transfer of the glucose into the cells. When the cells have no need for more fuel because of lack of exercise, the insulin continues to circulate and irritate the arterial intima.
Low cholesterol is equal to low immunity. Google cholesterol and immunity and learn. Even the FDA is recognizing what many MD's and scientists have been saying for years.
Statins are poisons, and are associated with brain problems, liver damage, and other problems, but they are great for Drug Industry profits and the Medical industry.
I doubt that the Valverde artichoke will hurt you. If you can keep it in your body, it will find a use for the vegetable.
If you are worried, have an ultrasound of your arteries to see if you have any blockage, and exercise. Stay fit, and you won't get sick, generally, and you will also feel great.
Denis

billh99 replied to djomal's response:
there is no such thing as bad cholesterol.

Those are xanthomas or deposits of excess cholesterol.

What is the historic genetic levels of cholesterol in the human? What is the levels of those living current lifestyle? What is the level of this person.

Water is involved in every functioning of the human body. And the human body is about 60% water. And the human body goes to great lengths to maintain water levels in the body.

Water is needed to substane life. But too much water leads to water toxicity and possible death. Just as does too much cholesterol.

djomal replied to billh99's response:
Impressive photos, but is it the fault of cholesterol or the body doing something abnormal? Those conditions are not normal; as anyone can see, but to blame them on cholesterol is like blaming cancer on cells, or hypertension on blood.
The example of water leads me to think of edema:

"Water retention, also known as fluid retention refers to an excessive build up of fluid in the circulatory system, body tissues, or cavities in the body..."
"...Edema may be generalized or local. It can appear suddenly, but usually develops subtly - the patient may first gain weight, or wake up with puffy eyes. Many patients wait until symptoms are well advanced before seeking medical help..."

Do you blame the water or the body's regulation of it?
Regards,

Featuring Experts

There are no Expert stories for this community right now

Helpful Tips

LOWERING CHOLESTEROL NATURALLY
I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET MY CHOLESTEROL DOWN WITHOUT STATINS AND FINALLY I AM GETTING SOMEWHERE. I STARTED TAKING PANTETHINE 300 MG. TWICE ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.