Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Prevention of Recurrences of Myocardial Infarction
iride6606 posted:
A great paper from WHO concerning the MONICA trial findings after the fact;

Systematic reviews and large RCTs have also found that lowering cholesterol in people at high risk of ischemic coronary events substantially reduces the risk of CVD mortality and morbidity. One systematic review of primary and secondary prevention trials has reported that statins constitute the single most effective type of treatment for reducing fatal and non fatal myocardial infarctions and cardiovascular deaths.

http://www.who.int/cardiovascular_diseases/priorities/secondary_prevention/country/en/index1.html

I predict some one here will say the World Health Organization has it wrong as well.

iride6606 replied to bobby75703's response:
Again, don't really get too concerned over what you or anyone else on an Internet website thinks. I am only posting a new article that popped up on the World Health Org's site this week, never stated an opinion or personal position, you assume much.

Also, don't recall ever discussing the WHO with you but I may have. Things change my friend, if not there would be no need for researchers, we could all be bartenders.

bobby75703 replied to iride6606's response:
I'll never forget it. You were very quick to dismiss cholesterol data from the World Health Organization as not accurate. and that the death rates from the WHO cannot be depended on.

Then in your post above you stated "I predict some one here will say the World Health Organization has it wrong as well."

Well, that someone was YOU a couple years ago.

How can I not help but notice?

This really is a competition for you isn't it? My feelings on the data collection process for MONICA are well know as I am published on the topic. I simply post papers and articles I find interesting in the scope of the topic for others to read. Some will read, some will overreact.

Those that read the link can put the WHO's comments in the proper text, never stated my opinion.

To your point, you must agree with this statement as you are on record as supporting MONICA?

More deflection.

bobby75703 replied to iride6606's response:
You were completely against MONICA and the data of the World Health Organization citing that it was not accurate, dismissing the the data as not reliable.

Now you have reversed your position saying their data is credible.

Which is it?

Please tell me what my stated opinion on the article was concerning this post. Oh wait, I didn't give an opinion, just posted an article.

Again, you assume too much just to make a point. You could enjoy this much more if you did not make a competition out of it. I posted an article, didn't say if I agreed or not, just put it out there to be read by others.

Featuring Experts

There are no Expert stories for this community right now

Helpful Tips

statins
I stopped Crestor for 33 days. my lipids were: [br>TC 139 [br>HDL 35 [br>TRG 126 [br>LDL/HDL 2.3 [br>GLU 88 ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.