Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

bobby75703 responded:
A physician's treatment decisions should be based upon the best interest for he patient, not incentives for the Doctor.

iride6606 responded:
Perhaps I missed it, I read this and there is no mention of cholesterol lowering drugs or such, isn't that the topic you bring up here? This is a cholesterol forum, are you making an assumption?

bobby75703 replied to iride6606's response:
The environment this doctor is referring to is an industry wide problem, and in no way excludes cholesterol lowering drugs.

iride6606 replied to bobby75703's response:
So just a commentary on this doctor and not really a post related to cholesterol or the cholesterol community, I thought there was an underlying commection but apparently not.

Thanks for clarifying.

Huge connection. Prescriptions of cholesterol lowering drugs are very much a part of our medical system, and are not immune to what this doctor is talking about.

I don't see it as relevant to a community about discussing cholesterol. The author did not make any connection, you are making an assumption based on his words and interjecting it as a relevant topic for a point he did not make. Again, I don't see the point in posting it here as I think anything we post here should be about cholesterol and or treatment and not just general strokes based on an assumption.

Juts my opinion, this seems to be misplaced.

Thats OK iride. I didn't expect you to see.

bobby75703 replied to bobby75703's response:
A Cardiologist shared the link with me, and I passed it along.

I understand as I get many emails and texts daily from professionals in the medical/research arena, I would love to share them all but some just are not relevant so I don't.

I felt it to be relevant. Very relevant because it influences prescribing habits, and cholesterol lowering drugs are among some of the most prescribed drugs.

Familial Hypercholesterolemia affects 1 In 300, smoking cessation will not help those individuals and those numbers are far from rare.

Featuring Experts

There are no Expert stories for this community right now

Helpful Tips

try the q
I've been taking CoQ10 200mg every night since being on statins.It helps me with muscle aches caused by the statins without any side ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.