Skip to content
Taking Crestor 2 times a week
wurtek posted:
Could I take Crestor 2 times a week instead of every day? I was told that if I took Lipitor a few times a week, it my cholesterol count could flucuate, but if I took Crestor twice a week, it would not cause my Cholesterol count to flucuate. Crestor costs almost twice that of Lipitor. Any reason for this?

toneman84084 responded:
I would stay with the dose prescribed by your doctor or at the very least ask him first. The main reason Crestor is still expensive is that there is not currently a generic on the market. Having said that, there are other options. You should discuss a less expensive drug with your doctor as well, but I would make sure he explains why he felt Crestor was the best option for you.

Remember, you are the patient and you have options and you need to be prepared to ask the hard questions so you can make the best choice for you. Having said that, Crestor is a very good drug that has shown some excellent results.

Good luck!

Tony.

Featuring Experts

There are no Expert stories for this community right now

Helpful Tips

Lower Cholesterol by changing my chemical balance - eating habits
With a history of heart disease in my family (father), I was all to aware of the need to keep my numbers under control. A few years ago, I ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 33 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.