Skip to content
The Cost of Clomid
Heavenleahangel69 posted:
Hi! My partner and I are TTC. She is 35 and her ovulation is irregular. The doctor has discussed putting her on Clomid or medication to induce ovulation. Can anyone give me a rough estimate of how much Clomid costs per month? Thanks.

momofone08 responded:
I am on 100 mg of clomid. And it was 40.62 at walgreens. So really really not bad at all. The only thing expensive is the Ultrasounds to check her follicles, unless your insurance covers it. My dr for example said " i'm old school so I don't do U/s" so I haven't had one but the clomid is working. Hope to help and good luck to you guys!
DH and I married 6/18/2008~DD September 16, 2008 7lbs. 2oz 19inches~~ 3 Angel Babies 6/07 4/10 12/10~~ TTC2 since June 2009~~ PCOS 5/10~~~ 2nd round of clomid 100mg!

angelicgurl responded:
Well, I think it depends on your insurance. I only paid $3.00 for ten tablets. I know others have to pay out of pocket and it costs between $30-$40 I think. Just check with your insurance/pharmacy. Good luck!!!

katievc responded:
I just picked mine up yesterday. My doctor told me if your insurance won't cover it (which mine won't), call around to a few places and find out where it is cheapest. If you have a Costco or Fred Meyer's or Wal-Mart, its only about $10. Just make sure the dr. writes a prescription with option to be filled with the clomid generic - must more affordable!

jon3brn replied to katievc's response:
I paid 9.99. i got it from schnucks. but when i got it from CVS it cost me 30.00. But for the first round was not generic and the 2nd and 3rd round was generic. just check around for prices.

smurfette84 responded:
For both my cycles, I paid $10 for 5 pills of the generic. With insurance. I went to my small town local pharmacy. (Ever heard of the drug store called Doc's? No? Didn't think so. )

Chap512 responded:
My insurance does not cover it, so there is a company called freedom pharmacy that my RE uses. 5 tablets are $18

ammymickens responded:
The cost of clomid without Insurance is $43.50. I bought 50 tablets for this cost.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My Husband (31) and I (27) are starting the TTC process. I have PCOS and tried Clomid with no success. Seeing RE and starting Femara/Ovidrel Trigger s...More

Helpful Tips

Helpful Tips
AF-Aunt Flo BFN- Big Fat Negitive BFP- Big Fat Positiove EWCM- Egg White cervicle Mucus CM- Cervial Mucus LMP- Last menstral Period BBT- ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.