Skip to content
Clomid Anyone?/high risk preg/feedback
An_187923 posted:
Hi all- Im new here so If i am breaking a rule or inturupting conversations my apologies. My husband and I have come to agreement that we will TTC soon...My OB says that I will be considerd a high risk preg because growin up I had epilepsy. I am 31.....(Scary)

Good news I am siezure free now after brain surgery, and I just got cleared to take Clomid (epilepsy pretty much made my periods non exsistant, infact if I didnt take provera I wouldnt have one)

Anyways I am just looking to talk to some people who have taken clomid, how long if at all did it take to work? What did you hate about it? Also I really need to hear some positve news that I can share with my hubs, to calm him down about the terms "High Risk" pregnancy....

Take the Poll

While taking clomid how often were you having sex?
  • EVERY day sometimes twice
  • every other day
  • once a week
  • only after a really bad fight
vote
View Poll Results

nykole12 responded:
I was on metformin and clomid for 2 months. We followed the Clomid calendar that my doctor gave us and by the second month we are pregnant! The calendar shows the week that you should ovulate and that you are supposed to have sex every other day during that week. Other then that you can still have sex whenever you want. Good luck to you!!!

princessjj05 replied to nykole12's response:
THanks! Congrats on the baby....will keep posted

maragayle responded:
Make sure to do an OPK (Ovulation Predictor Kit). I'm sure your doctor's gone over that with you. I was told to have sex on the day of a positive test and the day after. Of course, it won't hurt to have sex more, but those are the days you're most likely to conceive.

I'm going on to month three with no luck so far, but the doctor's upping the next dose. Fingers crossed! Like you, I also need to take provera to bring on a menstrual cycle.

These forums are helpful. It's nice to talk to people going through the same thing. Best of luck!

An_187924 replied to maragayle's response:
@ Maragayle, yes I agree its nice to hear that I truely am not alone in the world of hostile uterus. Goodluck, lets keep in touch....Dr called today to go over the clomid and stuff..I dont think I have ever been so excitted to call dr back! Too bad he was gone...oh well tomorrow I guess....

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a Clomid user. Before being prescribed, I had a hysterosalpingogram (the testing of the fallopian tube by putting a dye through them). It was qui...More

Helpful Tips

Helpful Tips
AF-Aunt Flo BFN- Big Fat Negitive BFP- Big Fat Positiove EWCM- Egg White cervicle Mucus CM- Cervial Mucus LMP- Last menstral Period BBT- ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.