Skip to content
Intercourse frequency...
abbey96 posted:
Hi ladies, I am beginning my fourth round of clomid, up to 200mg per day. Last month my husband and I had intercourse everydat, on days 11-16. We found out today we are not pregnant. I wanted to see if anyone who has had success could give insight as to what your intercourse frequency was? Every day? Every other? Would greatly appreciate it!

maragayle responded:
My doctor's advice was to use an ovulation predictor kit. Have intercourse on the day of a positive result and the day after. Of course, having sex more frequently won't hurt. Those are just the days you're most likely to conceive. Hope that helps!

Anyone else feel like it's a bit less intimate? It's like you're having sex because you HAVE to, not because you necessarily want to. Even my husband's made a comment about a lack of intimacy. One night he came into the bedroom and said, "alright, if we're going to do this we need to do it now. I'm tired and want to go to bed." Any suggestions?

nordygirl33 replied to maragayle's response:
I am with you 100% on that. It is like a job and I try so hard not to make it that way, but honestly it is. My husband always says he isn't a machine haha. I think the best thing we can do is maybe try and make it fun. Wear sexy PJ's or put music on? I need to change up my routine big time lol.

maragayle replied to nordygirl33's response:
I've tried the lingerie thing. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It's the worst when neither of us really are into it. Just makes things awkward!

After taking my tests I've been going to my husband and saying, "well, you're off the hook tonight. It wasn't positive." Then let him know we don't HAVE to, but we still can. I've been trying to pursue it some when I'm not due to ovulate, too. I don't want him to feel used...even though I guess he is, technically. It's so hard to keep the intimacy going.

It doesn't help that my husband's a police officer, which means he usually works 12 hour shifts. He's beat when he gets home and sex is the last thing on his mind. I have to remind him to save some energy. lol

Jennifer82682 replied to maragayle's response:
I know the feeling... My husband is a firefighter and he works 48 hour shifts. And of course my ovulation days always falls when he is at work. We've had to resort to telling his chief and me going to his station. (That has definitely kept it from getting "routine")
I got my results from my blood test and it's the highest it's been so far (6 rounds and it's a 10.4), so wish me luck. And good luck to all you ladies.

Leafchick66 replied to maragayle's response:
I was so happy to read your post that my husband and I are not the only ones that have issues with sometimes not being into sex.

nosobad replied to Leafchick66's response:
I guess this is not a topic that many women like to talk about. I am about to start my 3rd. round of Clomid. My husband and I desperately want a child and have resorted to everything and anything. Have done yoga, acupunture, bio feedback, weekends away etc. all in hopes to relax during intercourse. We too feel that sex is becoming a chore rather then a pleasure. My doctor has been incredibly supportive and says if it is meant to be it will. We are both in our 40's and realize that time is not on my side. I have been pregnant twice and both times miscarried in my first trimester. This past weekend we came to the realization that as much as we want a baby that is not the reason we got married but because of the love we have for each other and sex for fun and exciting for the first time in a very long time. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

sproutkm responded:
My doc said everything other day when i was on my shots and then the day after ovulation(even though we did the day of just in case) and the day after that.

my doc and reading i have done said that actually everyday could be worse, your basicaly running him dry so by the time you are at ovulation he has gotten nothing left to give ya.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi Everyone! My name is Lauren and I am 28 years old. I have been married for 6 years and have a 4 year-old daughter who is anxiously awaiting a lit...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.